Your WebEx Personal Meeting Room is your own virtual conference space. It is always available, you don’t need to schedule it and the URL never changes. Last summer, the WebEx Personal Meeting Room (PMR) became usable for all UMN accounts.
Why use your PMR?
- You can meet in the same virtual location because the location (URL) stays the same
- You can lock your Personal Room and control who joins the meeting
- You can stay in the room and let attendees come to you when you have back-to-back meetings
- You can start a meeting from a mobile device when you’re not at your computer
- You can start a meeting without having to use the scheduler
- Use all of the WebEx functionality (share content & video, recording, etc)
Your Personal Meeting Room Web AddressThe web address to your PMR includes your University of Minnesota Internet ID: https://umn.webex.com/meet/yourinternetID. For example, my PMR is: umn.webex.com/meet/klm
Starting your Personal Meeting RoomUse your PMR web address:
- Enter your personal meeting room URL in your web browser. If you are not logged in, click the Log In button in the upper right corner.
- Click the start meeting button.
- Start the audio connection (Call using computer or phone)
- If guests are waiting to join your PMR, they will join as soon as the meeting is started
- Under Meeting Center, click My Personal Room
- Click Start Meeting
Inviting people to your Personal Room
- Share your unique Personal Room URL (e.g. umn.webex.com/meet/klm) through email or other communication method
- Start your PMR and select the Invite & Remind button
Personal Meeting Room OptionsCustomize your Personal Room view
In WebEx under Meeting Center, select My Personal Room. Select the Personal Room full view icon in the upper right corner. Or go to your Personal Room URL.
- Select Change on your avatar to upload a photo
- Click on the drink image to select a different image
- Click on the desk to select a different image
- Select the arrow on the left of the room to view the wall images. You can replace these images by uploading your own images.
You can assign alternate hosts for your PMR meetings. This means if you are not available to start your meeting, the alternate host can start it for you. NOTE: Alternate hosts must have a UMN account.
Set alternate host:
- In WebEx, click My WebEx
- Select Preferences
- Click My Personal Room
- Under Alternate host, enter the email address of the alternate host(s)
If you have back-to-back meetings or need privacy in your Personal Room, you can click the Lock Room button in your meeting. The lock room button is under the Quick Start tab. When the room is locked, no one can enter your room until you unlock it. If the room is locked, the host sees a list of all attendees waiting. The host can choose who to allow into the meeting.
Join a Personal Room Meeting
- Email invitation with the link
- Type the URL in a web browser
- Go to umn.webex.com and enter the host Internet ID