There's a new 1:Button Studio on St. Paul Campus! It is in Magrath Library.Our team got the VIP tour from Extension Librarian, Kristen Mastel. It only took about 10 minutes to orient us to the studio, it's THAT easy! (after that we just stood around eating Kristen's cookies).
If you need to do simple but professional video, voiceover Powerpoint, screen recording, live interviews, presentation rehearsals, etc.--this space is for YOU.I made a little video about it so you too can come along on the tour!
You literally push ONE BUTTON and badaboom badabing, the videos show up in your email inbox. My email with videos showed up before I'd even finished my cookie.
Here is the Library's page about their studio spaces: https://www.lib.umn.edu/1button and you can reserve it up to two weeks in advance here, http://umn.libcal.com/booking/1ButtonStudio
Pro Tips for using the 1:Button Studio
- The videos come to you in 4 different views; you can choose which one you like (see video above for real footage of the 4 views)
- The videos are ready to upload and use as-is, or you can edit using any video editing software.
- Download the videos that are emailed to you--they only stay on the 1:Button server for about 2 weeks.
- I'd dress in a solid color that is not grey next time. Maybe bring a couple shirts to try.
- Don't change shirts in front of the camera. OIT live monitors the rooms!
- Bring a laptop to plug in for the PowerPoint (or screenshare) part of the recording, if you want that.
- There are "apple boxes" you can stand on if you are short like me, so that you are framed nicely in the video (the camera is NOT adjustable up or down).
NOTE: I made this video using WeVideo.com, a tool we were evaluating in Extension Technology for purchase for use within Extension. The watermark on the video has nothing to do with using the 1:Button Studio! :)