Adjust your speed
Player sizeThe default size of your video player automatically adapts to the space in your browser window. If you want to manually change the size of your video player, you can resize your browser window. Other options for viewing your video include:
- Full Screen: fills the entire screen with your video. Press ESC to exit full screen
- Theater Mode: adds a black background around the player without going full screen
- Download the Floating YouTube Chrome extension that keeps a floating mini player on top of all windows for YouTube. It includes an ad blocker!
Slow Connection TipsIf you have a slow internet connection, there are some things you can try to optimize your viewing experience:
- Choose lower video quality settings (240p or 360p). Click the gear button and select quality.
- Start the video and then click Pause right away. Wait for the gray video progress bar to load before clicking Play.
Right-click to share a video at a specific time:
Keyboard Shortcuts:Try these keyboard shortcuts when watching videos:
k or spacebar = pause or play
j = rewind 10 seconds
l = fast-forward 10 seconds
m = mute
Number 0 = go to the beginning of the video
Numbers 1 to 9 = jump to 10% to 90% of the video
Feel free to share any tips you have for YouTube in the comments below!