Me and podcasts. Our love is true. Podcasts have something special about them. Whenever I meet another podcast lover, I know I have found a kindred spirit.
- Podcasts help you learn tons and tons of stuff.
- They are frequently released.
- They make you feel part of a community around a topic.
- They are portable--all you need is your smartphone, no cellular/wifi required!
- You can listen while you do other "mindless" things. Like weeding the garden or folding the laundry. And podcasts make commuting fun! (well fun-ish anyway.)
What is a podcast anyway?
How to find and listen to podcasts
3 Podcast listening tips
- Download a good app--this kind of app is called a "podcatcher"-- for listening on your mobile device.
Good podcatchers include:
- Get a connector cord thing for your car stereo, something like this (not an affiliate link), unless you have Bluetooth in your car or something. The car is the perfect place to listen to podcasts!
- Speed them up! You can go 2x ("Karen Matthes Style," as I like to call it) or a more reasonable 1.25x, and save yourself some time! This setting is found in most podcatchers.